|Already Registered? Log in now|
All that is required of participation is that free admission is granted to anyone who presents a Museum Day Live! ticket. One ticket is good for two guests and will be available on Smithsonian.com.
All museums and cultural institutions participating must be a 501 (c)(3) organization or have status as a government-operated museum.
All that is required for participation is to grant free admission on Museum Day Live! to anyone who presents a Museum Day Live! Admission Card. One Admission Card is good for two guests, and will be available at www.smithsonian.com.
Museum Day Live! Terms and Conditions
1. There is no charge for a museum or cultural organization to participate in Museum Day Live! In order to participate, an organization must be a museum or cultural institutions that either is an organization that is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or that is a government-operated organization. Smithsonian magazine will make all eligibility determinations in its sole discretion.
2. When presented with a Museum Day Live! Admission Card (“Admission Card”), all participating museums and cultural institutions (“Venues”) will extend free general admission to the Admission Card holder and one guest on Museum Day Live!, September 28, 2013. The Admission Card will be available for download on the Museum Day Live! website on www.smithsonian.com.
3. The Admission Card is valid only for free general admission. It does not include entry to special exhibits, IMAX screenings, or parking. However, Venues may elect to waive additional entry fees on Museum Day Live! If the Admission Card will provide admission beyond general admission to your Venue, please indicate this in the Museum Description section of the registration page.
4. The Admission Card is good for general admission for Admission Card holder plus one guest. Venues agree to redeem all Admission Cards that are presented. One Admission Card is valid per household. Venues may not combine the Admission Card with any other offer. Venues may not issue rain checks based on the Admission Card for free admission on an alternate date.
5. Venues that otherwise offer free admission year-round are welcome to participate in the “spirit” of Museum Day Live! Those Venues may register and be listed among Museum Day Live! Venues.
6. Smithsonian Media will execute national media outreach to promote Museum Day Live! and will list participating Venues. Venues also agree to promote Museum Day Live! in public relations efforts in their local markets and/or on their websites. Venues will use the logo lockup and other information provided by Smithsonian for these promotions and will not alter the information provided in any way.
7. Smithonian magazine's media outreach may include information about the Venues, which will be drawn from the Museum Description provided by each Venue upon registration. Each Venue grants the Smithsonian the right to use the Venue’s name in all outreach materials and to use the Museum Description information, including images provided by the Venue, which the Smithsonian may edit in its sole discretion.
8. Once a Venue's registration has been accepted, the Venue is obligated to honor Admission Cards for free admission on Museum Day Live! Venues may not cancel their participation.
9. Venues participate in Museum Day Live! voluntarily, and the Smithsonian is not responsible for and does not endorse individual Venue participation or individual Venue content.